Healthy Snacks: On the Go Edition
I've been working as a Tutor as well as a Waitress for quite some time now but I will be adding Tutoring at my college to that list pretty soon here. Plus, I just restarted classes last week so I'll be taking Calculus II, Chemistry II, Freshman Year Experience, and The Theory of Special Relativity. Meanwhile, I'm working on Spanish and German before my trip leaves this summer and trying to post here at least a couple times a week so you could say I'm a bit busy. I mean, I checked out Game of Thrones from the library almost a week ago and I haven't even had a chance to touch it yet so I assume that says something.
All this is to say; I really need snacks that are quick, easy, and cheap (of course). Am I the healthiest eater? Not in the slightest but I do have a few healthy tricks and some that are even yummy, too!
- Toast, Peanut Butter, Honey, and Banana Slices
- You get crunchy, gooey, and delicious all in one. Plus, there's protein and potassium in there so count on staying full for a while.
- Yogurt and Granola
- Nothing easier than a couple dollops of yogurt topped off with some scrumptious granola for that added crunch.
- Yogurt and Chia Seeds
- Everyone likes to shake things up sometimes and my advice is chia seeds. Just be sure to check your teeth afterward because those bad boys love to get stuck in the most unsightly places.
- Carrots and Ranch
- Classic, simple, portable. Nuff Said.
- Raisins and Oatmeal
- I use the little snack plastic baggies to pre-pack all my favorite goodies with oatmeal so it's just 1:30 in the microwave away from ooey goodness. My usual mix has brown or raw sugar, raisins, craisins, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Afterward, I top it off with some honey, sometimes even fruit if there's time, and I'm in for a treat.
- Naked Juices In Stock Always
- I don't always have time to throw together my own smoothie so for a quick snack, Naked Juices are a godsend. Berry Blast, Green Machine, and Strawberry Banana are my personal favorites but you can't really go wrong (except for the kale blazer because, honestly, that was a mistake but to each his own).
- Nuts Everywhere
- Keep them in your purse, your car (unless you're in Minnesota where it's -10 and they freeze), your desk, your locker; basically anywhere you store things store nuts because they last forever and keep you full and protein and just wow these guys are awesome.
- Apples and Bananas
- Natures Togo Fruit should always be kept in stock for a quick dash out the door that literally requires no prep AND you can feel healthier having done so.
Next time you're strolling through the market for groceries, you can keep in mind a few of these ideas to help you make it through the day hunger-free. We can't be healthy all the time but it sure helps to make it easier on yourself. Hopefully, this list of goodies is all helpful to you all as it has been for me.